Man, 34, almost dies after ingesting double every day quantity of water to treatment suspected COVID-19


A 34-year-old man almost died after ingesting double the really useful every day quantity of water to be able to treatment himself of suspected coronavirus.

It’s learnt that by consuming excessive quantity of water, Luke flushed nearly all of the pure sodium from his physique which affected his well being badly. It’s to be famous that ingesting extra water isn’t any treatment for COVID-19 and other people should not do that.

Luke, who’s a civil servant, thought he was contaminated with coronavirus and he began ingesting 4 to 5 litres of water a day. The elevated consumption of water, nonetheless, proved harmful for Luke because it triggered water intoxication by decreasing his physique’s salt ranges. Luke collapsed within the rest room as a result of discount in salt ranges.

Luke’s 39-year-old spouse Laura acted in time to save lots of Luke’s life throughout the incident at their dwelling in Patchway, Bristol.

Laura saved speaking to Luke by the toilet door to maintain him acutely aware till paramedics arrived.

Luke stated: “If it wasn’t for her, I would not be right here. She stayed calm and known as the ambulance, and sat on the ground with me behind the door.”

Laura added: “He had been very poorly for per week and suggested to drink loads of fluids. He went as much as have a shower one night time and, the subsequent factor you realize, there was an enormous bang. He had bought out and collapsed. The hospital reckon he had a match. This was right down to his salt ranges being flushed out by ingesting an excessive amount of water. That is what triggered it. I went upstairs however could not get in [to the bathroom]. I could not get a neighbour spherical both, as a result of it was lockdown. I known as an ambulance. It was 45 minutes [before it arrived]. Luke was utterly unresponsive for the final 20 minutes. I used to be speaking to him by the door and he was grunting earlier than. I used to be actually frightened I had misplaced him.”

Luke was admitted to Southmead Hospital for remedy.

Laura stated, “They stated they could not make me any guarantees. I could not go [in] due to Covid-19 restrictions. They stated the subsequent 24 hours have been crucial. ‘He was within the intensive care unit for 2 to 3 days – he was on a ventilator. The hospital workers have been sensible. They did some exams and corrected his electrolytes. Then he may come dwelling.”

In accordance with Laura, Luke is now recovering and is ready to hitch work once more full-time within the coming months.

The medical doctors treating Luke stated that he was affected by water intoxication because of an excessive amount of consumption of water. It triggered swelling of the mind.





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *