Fireplace breaks out at Surat hospital, no accidents reported


By: Express News Service | Surat |

November 18, 2020 6:17:39 pm





Sixteen sufferers have been shifted to a close-by hospital in ambulances (Categorical Photograph by Hanif Malek)

A fireplace broke out in Tristar hospital in Athwalines space of Surat on Wednesday afternoon. No accidents have been reported, and the hearth shortly introduced underneath management. The hearth began on the bottom flooring and unfold as much as the second flooring of the constructing.

Fireplace division officers, Surat metropolis Mayor, and police officers arrived on the spot and took inventory of the scenario. A rescue operation was carried out and 16 indoor sufferers shifted to different department of the hospital in a close-by space. The hospital ambulance, with SMC ambulance and 108 ambulance have been put into shifting of sufferers.

The hearth officers took management over the flames which originated from the bottom flooring comprising of parking and pc server room.

Chief hearth officer Basant Pareek mentioned, “The hearth erupted from the pc server room, as a result of some electrical fault. Because of the burning of cables, the smoke emitted and entered in different rooms on first flooring, second flooring. No one was injured into the incident and no casualties had been discovered. The hospital was earlier a devoted Covid hospital however since final one month it was reconverted to a non-covid hospital.”

He additional added, “The rooms have been closed on account of which smoke entered into completely different wards and rooms of the hospital. We now have opened the home windows and obtained the air circulated.”

📣 The Indian Categorical is now on Telegram. Click on here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and keep up to date with the most recent headlines

For all the most recent India News, obtain Indian Express App.

© The Indian Categorical (P) Ltd



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *